Monday, March 26, 2012

Little Graces

7.  Communion Liturgy.

It is huge that I would include this, as liturgy used to frustrate me.  Someone I worked with long ago was very rigid about liturgy.  I asked why it was so important.  His answer? "It just is."  Teachable moment totally missed.  I "rediscovered" liturgy in seminary and am captivated by it now.  I love the idea that I am speaking words long spoken in the church.  I ♥ a good creed or prayer.  I especially love the old liturgy we use at the church I attend now.  One section ends with the simple words, "We are yours, dear Lord."  Beautiful reminder, that.

8.  Chipmunk on the porch!

Precious little rodent.  Also makes me smile because Jason tells a story of chasing, catching and, subsequently being bit by a chipmunk growing up!  This is funny only because he told his dad he was going to chase and catch it and his dad didn't think it was a good idea.  Jason could not be deterred, so his dad told him to go ahead.  Life lesson learned, I'd say. :)

12.  Hubs in a blue shirt and tie this morning.  *Dreamy*

13.  Fun notebook for the counting of 1000 blessings.  Flowery, I know.  A departure from what I would usually choose (it was between this and a brown burlap number.), but perfect for this endeavor.

I am excited about filling the pages and hope you'll join me on this journey.  It has already been a blessing.  And a little lot convicting.  And challenging.

"Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle, a victory." - Ghandi


No comments: