Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Diaper Bag Dilemma

The cutesy diaper bag I wanted has proven to be a less-than-wonderful purchase/choice for a variety of reasons:

1.  It has an unfortunate hole in it already (This happened at least a month and half ago and little bit is not even 4-months old just yet). 

2.  It is entirely too small. 

3.  It just zips closed.  This is not sensible.  If you zip it, the space is diminished by at least half.  So I stuff it full and invariably lose things to the parking lot, car (turning over, etc.) and a variety of other places.  And my wallet is often in there for all the world to see (and steal).

4. It is not nearly as cute as I thought it was initially. (This is cosmetic, I know...but still!).

So, I am on a mission to purchase a new bag.  I need something more functional and fun...and fast!  My favorites right now are Kalencom bags, but I am open to new suggestions (Please provide links and/or photos!).  Here are my favorites so far.  Which one do you like best and/or what would you suggest?



4 comments:

O-Town said...

The second one is OH SO CUTE. I've got nothing to offer on functionality...being that I lack a child and all! :)

Jillian said...

You have to check out Ju-Ju-Be diaper bags. www.ju-ju-be.com Expensive, but AMAZING. Love these bags. I've managed to acquire 3 of them!

jilljohnandhope said...

Alright Julie, You know I can't help but comment on a baby product post! I am the owner of many many diaper bags (of past and present!:)) But, for the size you seem to be looking for, I have to tell you I LOVE Skip Hop bags. They have awesome features, but my favorite is how they attatch perfectly to the back of any stroller with small loops with clips. Nothing is less convenient than having to dig underneath the stroller to find a paci burried in the diaper bag. You can get Skip Hop at Target, Babies R Us, or other baby stores. I will say that while Target's are cheaper, they have a velcro closure, which seems to get caught on everything. I wish I had spent the extra $ at Babies R Us to get the magnet closure...

Us said...

This is the one my best friend Allie just got. She is on her third kid and has been through several diaper bags...even a petunia pickle. She likes this one the best. She got it 15% off with a coupon through babies r us. It's seriously cute.
http://thebumblecollection.hostasaurus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BumbleBags&Category_Code=chloe