Monday, May 07, 2012

The Grace of Wonder

"Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder.  Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of your universe...Each day enrapture me with your marvelous things without number.  I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share in the wonder of it all." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

I may not have put pen to paper to write down the blessings of the last few days, but there have been plenty of them.  Numbered or not, I experienced them.  From pizza and a movie with my husband to quality time outside with my boys and time with friends, it was a wonderful weekend.  Not to mention great conversations with people and the promise of a great week ahead!  I find myself truly blessed, my vision much clearer and ready to see the blessings.  I am praying this week for the "grace of wonder," the eyes and ears to notice the "marvelous things without number" that surround me each day.  I think I'll pray that for you, too!

No comments: