Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Satire and the Sacred...

DISCLAIMER: I am not really a Chuck Norris fan. I never watched Walker, Texas Ranger or anything else starring him. Someone pointed me to this website recently, though, and I thought it was very funny.


For a good laugh, take a look at this satirical website of Chuck Norris "facts." Please note that Chuck Norris had nothing to do with this website. I haven't read them all, but the ones I have read are funny.


In my search for the site, I stumbled across these thoughts from Chuck Norris himself. I thought I'd pass them along to you. I was impressed with his candor...


One of the satirical "facts" made of Norris states that "There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live." Upon hearing this, Chuck replied:


"It's funny. It's cute. But here's what I really think about the theory of evolution: It's not real. It is not the way we got here. In fact, the life you see on this planet is really just a list of creatures God
has allowed to live. We are not creations of random chance. We are not accidents. There is a God, a Creator, who made you and me. We were made in His image, which separates us from all other creatures. By the way, without Him, I don't have any power. But with Him, the Bible tells me, I really can do all things—and so can you."

Well said, don't you think?

No comments: