Monday, April 13, 2009

Word of the Week: WAIT

WAIT. The word of the week has been a theme in my life for the last few months. I seem to always be WAITING. I am well-versed in WAITING. Sometimes I have a fantastically optimistic view of it. Much more often than I'd like to admit, I have a less-than-stellar attitude about it. I know that God's timing is rarely ours and I can tell you with confidence that it is better. I can say that with ease on the other side of the WAITING. But when I am in it I often find myself discouraged, impatient, frustrated, and lonely. I am hoping that reflecting on the word ::WAIT:: will alter my perspective...and yours.

2 comments:

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

Tom Petty said it best, "The waiting is the hardest part..." Seriously - theme of my LIFE! Hope you are well friend!

Julie said...

I love me some Tom Petty! Good stuff. I also love how you seem to have a song for everything in life. That's like me and quotes! :)